Correcting Errors on Google Maps
If you stumble across an error in Google Maps, this article will show you how to fix it. It's useful for when Google Maps places an address in the wrong location, is missing a street or new development, has a one way marked incorrectly, or closes a road for construction that has long been finished.
You can also use this method if Google Maps has located or labeled one of your schools, or business, incorrectly.
When maps are updated, it takes effect across the entire google maps platform. In other words, when searching google or using the Google Maps navigation app on your phone, the corrections will be active there as well.
How to Correct Google Maps
- In Logic54, view your map and zoom into the area that contains the error.
- Click the Report an Error link in the bottom right corner of your screen.
- A new browser tab will open with options to report a missing place, missing road, and for wrong information.
- Select the option that best fits your needs, and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Provide any relevant comments to describe your correction in the notes section.
- Click Submit.
Once submitted, the information is directly submitted to the Google Maps team for review. In our experience, address, house, and school locations are usually updated within 24-48 hours. Other types of changes will likely take longer. If you continue to experience issues, please submit a support ticket and we'd be happy to help.